First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in FS Cabin Crew.
This module will add a little bit more of realism to your airliner flights by adding a virtual crew that will make announcements to your virtual passengers.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do and please, if you need support don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
Thank you again for your interest in FS Cabin Crew and enjoy your flight!
If your system is able to run the simulator, it’ll be able to run FS Cabin Crew. In case of FSX, it requires at least FSX Service Pack 2 or Acceleration.
To install FS Cabin Crew, just run the installer.
The installer will:
- Check if you have the needed versions of .NET installed. If not, it will ask you if you want to install them.
- Copy all the files to the folder you choose.
- In case of FSX or X-Plane, run the module configuration tool.
Auto start configuration
After installation, the module configuration tool will start. If it doesn’t start, you can find it Windows Start menu, inside FS Cabin Crew group.
With this tool, you’ll be able to configure FS Cabin Crew to start automatically every time that FSX, Prepar3D or X-Plane starts.
The module will run but this doesn’t mean that you have to use it on every flight! It will just load it in the FS menu to be available if you want to use it.
Starting your flight
When you are at the gate with the plane ready to start, click on the menu: “Addons → FS Cabin Crew” and a sub-menu with all available crews will appear. Just click on the desired one.
When you start a flight with FS Cabin Crew, your co-pilot will activate the parking brakes and turn on the fasten seat belt sign if they are not activated.
Your flight with FS Cabin Crew will have this flight phases:
- On gate
- Taxy to runway
- On ground
- Arrived on gate
All flight phases are detected automatically. However, some of them require the pilot to do some actions:
- When the plane is on the gate ready to start, the taxy to runway starts when the pilot releases the parking brakes
- When the plane is ascending, the cruise starts when the pilot switch off the fasten seat belt sign switch
- When the plane is on ground at destination, the flight ends (arrived on gate) when the parking brakes are activated
If you fly with an aircraft without parking brakes or fasten seat belt switch, you can use FS Cabin Crew but it’s possible that some messages doesn’t play or doesn’t play at the right moment.
Please don’t forget to take a look at the managing crews manual too!